Saturday, January 17, 2009

Let me set the stage for everyone. February 2008. I made the decision to live with four roommates in a university owned residence. What an adventure that turned out to be.

I live four and a half hours away from home, hailing from a city 30 minutes outside of Toronto, Whitby. I spent my first year of university in residence, living with one roommate. I lived on the same floor with 30 other people. After a crazy first year, I chose to do it all over again. I signed up t live with four of my best friends, all girls, in a townhouse style residence, restricted for upper year students. It was a place that offered the convinence of residence, but the freedom of independent living. We chose to live above a houseful of boys, who were all floormates the year before. All the boys are like brothers to me, and they treat me like a little sister. We're all very close, so in fact that two of my roommates are dating two of the boys downstairs. Sometimes, we get on each other's nerves, but in the end, we all love each other.

The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences of living in residence and with roommates with fellow bloggers. I hope to offer some tips on how to deal with some situations that may come up while living with roommates and just some stories and experiences we face together. I hope to find other bloggers out there that blog about the same thing, and maybe some sites that offer tips and ideas.

Look for my next blog soon.

1 comment:

  1. Cool idea for a blog, Nicole. It will be interesting to see what happens this semester in Residence for you. I've lived in Alumni for 4 years now and finally have one of my friends for a roommate. My roommate last year was fine, but the two before that... well, let's just say they were pretty crazy -- so, it's lucky you've had good experiences so far!

    ReplyDelete